- Interlakenis a town and municipality in the Interlaken-Oberhasli administrative district in the Swiss canton of Bern.
- It is an important and well-known tourist destination in the Bernese Oberland region of the Swiss Alps, and the main transport gateway to the mountains and lakes of that region.
- It is also known as Adventure capital of Switzerland / Europe
- The town is located on the Bödeli, between Lake Thun and Lake Brienz, and alongside the Aare river that flows between the two lakes.
- Interlaken’s reputation as international resort started around 1800 due to the landscapes of Franz Niklaus König and other Swiss landscape artists
- The success of the Unspunnenfest, a festival of Swiss culture, in 1805 and 1808 brought many tourists to Interlaken
- Starting in 1820, they came for mountain air and spa treatment and the large Kursaal opened in 1859 to provide an elegant spa.
- In 1890, the Berner Oberland railway connected Interlaken to the tourist destinations of Lauterbrunnen and Grindelwald.
- In 1860-75 and 1890-1914 several luxury hotels were built with views of the Jungfrau and surrounding mountains.
- The current Kursaal is famous for its Garden with fountain & flower clock inside it. It was built in 1898-99 and remodelled in 1909-10
- Hotel Victoria Jungfrau is one of the main landmark of the town along with Casino building to its adjacent & the casino garden
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Zurich Airport|