Explore the Icelandic landscape around Lake Mývatn on this day trip from Akureyri.
This area of northern Iceland is home to natural wonders like Goðafoss (‘Waterfall of the Gods’),
Dettifoss (Europe´s most powerful waterfall) and Hverarönd (hot springs). See craters and lava formations, and be amazed by the incredible geology of this island in the Atlantic
Highlights of the tour
- Northern Iceland 4×4 tour from Akureyri
- Explore the country’s incredible natural wonders, from waterfalls to craters
- Visit Goðafoss and Dettifoss waterfalls
- See the hot springs of Hverarönd and lava formations at Dimmuborgir
- 2.5-hour evening tour to Goðafoss waterfall from Akureyri
- Travel through the beautiful scenery of the Westfjords in a powerful 4WD
- Gaze at the magnificent 38-foot (12-meter) stature of the Goðafoss waterfall
- Travel through the charming Old Town of Akureyri
- Child below 16 are not allowed
- First we drive along the coast of Eyjafjordur. We begin by stopping at Goðafoss, one of the most spectacular waterfalls in Iceland, on our way to Dettifoss and lake Mývatn.
- The lake was created by a large basaltic lava eruption 2300 years ago, and the surrounding landscape is dominated by volcanic landforms, including lava pillars and rootless vents.
- We will stop at the hot spring area at Hverarönd in Námaskarð. Then it comes to one of the most powerful waterfall in Europe, Dettifoss.
- On the way back we come to the unique lava formations of Dimmuborgir which are among the most popular tourist attractions in the Myvatn area and also in Skútustaðagígar (pseudo crater area).
- Our last stop is in Eyjafjordur where you can see over the fjord to Akureyri.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability